Modern Essentials Hardcover (10th Edition)AromaTools Canada
Modern Essentials: The Complete Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is amazingly practical for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the ultimate guide, whether you are a new or experienced essential oils user. The simple, easy-to-use format has been improved to help you quickly find important information: which essential oils to use for hundreds of health conditions, how to safely and effectively apply them, and ways to incorporate oils into daily living. This book is an indispensable reference for any aromatherapy library.
Features of the New Edition:
- A fresh update on a familiar cover.
- Simple, spacious page designs featuring more full-colour photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- New 2018 oils, spa products, and supplements.
- "Simple Solutions"—over 150 condition-specific recipes, blends, and tips in "My Usage Guide" section.
- "My Usage Guide" organized alphabetically for hundreds of common disorders—like acne—and serious diseases—like diabetes.
- Easy-to-understand definitions after each medical condition in "My Usage Guide."
- New "Essential Oil Basics" chapter outlining application and safety fundamentals for novice and experienced essential oil users.
- Expanded, separate "Essential Living" chapter containing lifestyle ideas and recipes for personal care, children, cleaning, cooking, nutrition, and exercise.
- Interchangeable blend recipes for personal and home care in the "Essential Living" chapter.
- Separate section for essential-oil inspired "Personal Care and Spa" products.
- Body systems symbol throughout the book to highlight different body systems affected by the oils.
- A section on "Plants and Essential Oils"—why and how plants create essential oils.
- "Single Essential Oils" and "Essential Oil Blends" sections with "Quick Facts" box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and blends with chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- New "Essential Oil Science In Depth" chapter enhancing knowledge with illustrations and explanations of essential oils, benefits, safety information, and more.
- Hundreds of research studies as footnote references throughout the book.
- Illustrated charts for auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, the autonomic nervous system, and more.
- "My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends" section with blank pages for personal observations and references (after the sections on "Single Essential Oils," "Essential Oil Blends," and "Essential Supplements").
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- The Basics of Essential Oils - an introduction to essential oils, a brief history, application methods, and more
- Single Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Blends (doTERRA specific, does not include new Yoga blends)
- Essential Supplements
- Personal Care and Spa
- My Usage Guide
- Essential Living (recipe section)
- Essential Oil Science in Depth
- Appendix and References
Publication: September 2018, 10th Edition.
Dimensions: 8½" wide x 11¼" tall x ¾" deep.