Aloe Vera + Essential Oils for Dry, Itchy Scalp
As the weather gets cooler, many of us find our scalp gets dry, itchy, and prone to dandruff. Get relief with this all-natural blend of nourishing ingredients!
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 7 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
- Using a funnel, add all the ingredients to a 120mL Glass Lotion Pump Bottle.
- With the top on, shake your bottle to mix all the ingredients together.
- Conduct a patch test on your inner forearm, if your skin does not have any reactions, proceed to the next step.
- Deeply massage a few pumps of your blend into your scalp for around 5 minutes. For even greater results, leave it on overnight (wear a shower cap to protect your pillow).
- Wash your hair thoroughly to remove your treatment (this may take a couple of shampoo sessions).
- Repeat up to three times per week.
Caution: If you have a reaction while conducting a patch test, dilute your mixture or discontinue use.
- Moisturizes and nourishes your hair and scalp
- Soothes itchy or irritated areas of the scalp
- May clear and prevent dandruff
- May promotes hair growth
MORE ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS:
The high levels of Vitamin A found in aloe vera gel are known to help produce sebum also referred to as your scalp's natural moisturizer. It also reduces excessive inflammation and soothes any irritations you may have from scratching.
This is your secret ingredient for moisturizing dry skin, adding shine, killing bacteria, and promoting hair growth. It was the first plant-based oil used by mankind!
Almond Oil has long been used for its repairing and strengthening properties. High in antioxidants and Vitamin E, almond oil is an essential ingredient for healthy hair and scalp.
Tea Tree (Melaleuca) Essential Oil
From the melaleuca plant in Australia, this oil has been used medicinally for hundreds of years for its antimicrobial properties. Clinical studies have shown that adding tea tree oil into your haircare routine can result in a significant decline in dandruff. Tea tree essential oil is also used for treating lice!
Rosemary Essential Oil
Mediterranean cultures have used rosemary essential oil for hundreds of years to promote hair growth. Rosemary improves circulation, which means your follicles can get all the nutrients they need to stay alive and well.
Lemon Essential Oil
Both antiseptic and antimicrobial, lemon essential oil makes sure your scalp is squeaky clean. Lemon is particularly good for oily scalps, but it's also great for treating dandruff and scalp acne. Remember that lemon essential oil is phototoxic, so don't apply this to the scalp if you're going to be in the sun within the next 12 hours.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for DIY recipes, sales + more! Feel free to share your creations by tagging us on social media! We'd love to see them. Bottles, containers, raw materials, and more can be found on www.myessentialbusiness.com.