After Sun Care Lotion
This recipe is a must for any summer day when you've been outside in the hot sun! Whether you are busy in the garden, lounging at the beach, exercising outside, or away on holiday, this lotion will do wonders for your skin! It's refreshing, moisturizing and soothing!
What you'll need:
- 120 ml Lotion Pump Bottle
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel Juice - soothes, moisturizes & hydrates
- 1/4 cup Carrier Oil - restores & moisturizes
- 8 drops Peppermint Essential Oil* - cools & refreshes
- 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil - calms & soothes irritated skin
- 8 drops Frankincense Essential Oil - rejuvenates & hydrates
- Optional: 1/4 tsp Vitamin E - nourishes, moisturizes, helps to heal damaged skin
Combine ingredients in your 120 ml Lotion Pump Bottle. Shake well before each use. Apply a generous amount over skin.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of aloe vera gel juice and carrier oil or essential oils to your personal preference.
- Use your favourite Carrier Oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil or Argan Oil.
- If you have Aloe Vera Gel, you can alter this recipe by using 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel with 2 tbsp Carrier Oil.
- *Feel free to omit peppermint essential oil if you have sensitive skin or are using this recipe with children.
- Tip - Store this recipe in the fridge beforehand so that it will have a pleasant cooling effect on your skin after you've been out in the sun!
- Tip - If your skin is feeling extra dry, try layering on a carrier oil when using this after-sun lotion to help add an extra layer of moisture.
Aloe Vera Cooling Cubes
Chill out with essential oil-infused aloe vera ice cubes! This super simple recipe is awesome for soothing sunburn, bug bites and acne.
What you'll need:
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- Aloe Vera Gel Juice(just enough to fill your ice cube tray)
Mix ingredients in a bowl and fill ice cube tray. Freeze until solid. To cool down, pop out a cube and rub it along your skin!
We chose Lavender and Frankincense due to their skin healing properties but feel free to switch it up. Other combo ideas: Lavender & Tea Tree, Peppermint & Roman Chamomile or Frankincense & Geranium.
DISCLAIMER: Make sure you are using essential oils that are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. All information mentioned in this blog post has not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.