Stay as healthy as possible during back to school season with these tips and recipes! Grab your roller bottles, diffuser, and essential oils and find the best blends for you and your kids this school season...
- wash your hands. It seems simple, but it's not an easy thing to remember for some. Not washing your hands heavily increases the chances of getting sick. Make sure your kids know to wash their hands with warm water, soap, and for at least 20 seconds.
- sharing isn't caring. Well, for personal items at least. Advise your children to not share items such as water bottles, hats, snacks, and other items that could potentially spread germs.
- pack healthy lunches and snacks. By eating healthy food, you know your kids are getting the right nutrients to keep their immune system happy and healthy.
- pack reusable water bottles. This will help your kids avoid germs from the water fountain.
- sleep well. A good sleep schedule will help kids more be focused and alert during school, and increase their learning abilities. Set a cut-off time for TV and other electronics, as the light can disrupt their sleeping pattern.
- use essential oils. Essential oils are a great (and non-toxic) tool to support the whole family! Use essential oils to protect the immune system, as an energizer, and sleep aid.
top essential oils
citrus oils - Essential oils like Wild Orange, Lemon, Lime, and Grapefruit are incredible mood boosters that also increase focus and contain antioxidants that support the immune system.
peppermint - Peppermint oil is good for treating fevers, colds, and digestive issues. It's also a great oil to diffuse in the morning to help wake up and get motivated for school.
rosemary - Rosemary essential oil is said to help improve memory recall and focus.
frankincense - Frankincense promotes healthy brain function and cell regeneration. Be sure to apply this oil on any bruises, cuts, or scrapes! It also can help improve oral issues like toothaches and cavities.
roman chamomile - This oil works great for kids who have a hard time getting to sleep. Roman Camomile can be uplifting but also very calming and has the ability to reduce anxiety and stress.
on guard (protective blend) - This is a blend of Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Leaf, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils. This oil helps strengthen the immune system, protect against environmental threats and seasonal viruses.
homework helper diffuser blend
Use this blend to help with focus and concentration. Add it to your diffuser. It's uplifting, detoxifying, and invigorating.
- 2 drops lemon
- 2 drops grapefruit
- 2 drops peppermint
sweet dreams roller bottle blend
Combine the following essential oils into a 10 mL roller bottle and top it up with Fractionated Coconut Oil (or carrier oil of choice). Rub on the bottoms of feet and back of the neck 20 minutes before bed for a restful nights sleep
- 6 drops roman chamomile
- 4 drops lavender
- 3 drops juniper Berry
- 2 drop copaiba
This hand sanitizer works great for kids and adults! It will leave your hands feeling soft yet sanitized with the power of OnGuard (Protective Blend) and citrus essential oil. Combine the following ingredients into a 60 mL spray bottle and top it up with water. Shake before spraying onto hands
- 15 drops on guard or thieves (protective blend)
- 15 drops lemon or orange essential oil
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel juice
- 1/2 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- 30 drops of protective blend
- 2 parts perfumery alcohol
- 1 part aloe vera gel juice
- 1/2 tbsp few drops of vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, or argan oil (helps to keep your skin moisturized).
- Fill in a 60ml glass spray bottle with a mister top
This recipe includes an alcohol content of at least 60% to ensure effectiveness.
bumps and bruises roller bottle blend
Heal cuts and bruises with a soothing blend of Myrrh, Lavender, Frankincense, and Helichrysum. Combine the following essential oils and top it up with water and a pinch of epsom salt as an emulsifier.
- 3 drops myrrh
- 3 drops lavender
- 3 drops frankincense
- 3 drops helichrysum
Let us know if you try our recipes and what you think in the comments! We love to hear your feedback 💚
💾 Save this article to find it later ✨
DISCLAIMER: Make sure you are using the safest essential oils available to you. We use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. All information mentioned in this blog post has not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. NOTE: The alcohol might overpower the scent of the essential oils. Adding more drops may not necessarily change this.