Don't let a perfectly good bottle go to waste! Keep reading for 10 recipes (including a hand sanitizer, stain remover & after sun care blend) to make in your empty 15 ml essential oil bottles! Re-use your bottle again and again, the recipe options are endless!
For cuts, scrapes, bites & other first-aid needs.
- option A: 5 drops lavender, 5 drops frankincense, 5 drops melaleuca
- option B: 10 drops frankincense, 5 drops myrrh
- Add an 18mm mister top, fill with distilled water, add a pinch of epsom salt or add a dropper top + fill with fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops protective blend* (dōTERRA: OnGuard or Young Living: Thieves)
- 2 tsp perfumery alcohol
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel juice (keeps your hands soft)
- Add a few drops of vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, or argan oil (helps to keep your hands moisturized)
- Feel free to keep the original orifice reducer top or add an 18mm mister top for easy application
*If you do not have Protective Blend, you can use 3 drops of each orange, cinnamon, clove & lemon essential oil.
This recipe includes an alcohol content of at least 60% to ensure effectiveness.
- option A: 5 drops lavender, 5 drops rosemary
- option B: 5 drops grapefruit, 5 drops sandalwood
- Add an 18mm mister top and fill with 1 tsp of sugar dissolved in water
*Dissolve sugar in boiled water, allow it to cool and then add oils
soothe the throat
- option A: 1 drop sandalwood, 1 drop myrrh, 2 drops frankincense, 2 drops cinnamon, 5 drops lemon, 2 drops melaleuca, 1 drop thyme, 1 drop clove
- option B: 5 drops protective blend (dōTERRA On Guard), 5 drops lemon, 2 drops myrrh, 2 drops frankincense
- Fill with fractionated coconut oil or carrier oil of choice
- Keep the orifice reducer or add a dropper top dropper top
- Apply to throat area (may also be applied to the spine for immune support)
signature scent (perfume)
after sun care
no more stains
- option A: 5 drops lemon, 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops spearmint
- option B: 5 drops peppermint, 5 drops orange
- Fill with distilled water
- Add an 18mm mister top
- option A: 10 drops peppermint, 10 drops wild orange
- option B: 10 drops sandalwood, 10 drops bergamot
- 1 part distilled water
- 1 part witch hazel
Now you're all set with a variety of natural everyday recipes to make! Enjoy! Share how you use your empty bottles in the comments! 👇 ♻️
DISCLAIMER: Make sure you are using the safest essential oils available to you. We use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. All information mentioned in this blog post has not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.